- Our Top Stories
- Next Town Hall – THURSDAY, 9/18, at 7 p.m.
- WRBA Graffiti Cleanup – Results
- Woodhaven Celebration – Avenue Diner
- A Happy Ending
- Special Announcement
- Local Events
- Richmond Hill Park Fair 9/13
- Cemetery Cleanup 9/13
- Ambulance Corps Fundraiser 9/20
- Small Business Seminar 9/24
- The Great Woodhaven Yard Sale 2014 9/27
- Emanuel’s Pre-Fair Dinner 9/27
- Recycling Event at the Bandshell 9/27
- Jamaica Avenue Trolley 10/4
- Blessing of the Pets 10/4
- Forest Park Fall Festival (sponsored by Eric Ulrich) 10/18
- Wonderful Woodhaven Street Fair 10/19
- Poetry/Spoken Word Artistry at Neir’s Tavern 10/23
- Forest Park Dog Run Halloween Costume Contest 10/25
- Emanuel’s Fall Fair 11/15
- Defensive Driving Class 11/22
- News & Announcements
- Primary Election Results
- Raccoon Vaccinations
- Large Sinkhole in Forest Park
- Crime Tips – Credit Card Fraud and Identity Theft
- Fire on 88th Street
- Welcome to the Woodhaven Blog
- Participatory Budgeting Is Here Again
- WDHVN 11421 T-Shirts Available
- WRBA Membership Drive
- September 11th
** Other Events:
** Cemetery Cleanup 9/13 – The Woodhaven Cultural & Historical Society along with STA’s Woodhaven History Club and All Saints will be holding their 3rd Cemetery Cleanup on Saturday September 13th from 9 a.m. to 12 noon. Click here to see pics and video from the August Cleanup. Volunteers are welcome and needed.
** Blessing of the Pets – Emanuel United Church of Christ will hold their annual Blessing of the Pets on Saturday, October 4, starting at 11 a.m. Bring your dogs, cats, birds, turtles, etc. for a blessing at Emanuel (91st Avenue and Woodhaven Boulevard). Click here for cute pictures of pets from last year, and previous year’s blessings.
** Forest Park Fall Festival (sponsored by Eric Ulrich) – The Forest Park Fall Festival will be held on Saturday, October 18, from noon to 3 p.m. Click here to see last year’s event which was very well received. The fall festival is for families and will include crafts, entertainment, pumpkin patch, face painting, games and recreational activities.Click here for the flyer for this event. IMPORTANT: Volunteers are needed to help with the kids with crafts, at the pumpkin patch and recreational areas, as well as set up and break down of the event. If you would like to part of the volunteers, please contact us.
** WRBA Membership Drive – Many thanks to everyone who signed up as new members or renewed their existing memberships. Our drive for new memberships and renewals continues. If you want to renew or sign-up online, click here.
** September 11th – As we mark another anniversary of that horrible day, we keep the friends, families and loved ones of all who perished that day in our thoughts and prayers. In this week’s Leader, Maria Thomson writes about this solemn day.